Occupy Boulder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oh hi there

2 posters

Go down

oh hi there Empty oh hi there

Post  daniel Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm Daniel!

I like wearing mah Guy Fawkes mask to rallies and have been at both GA's so far. I'm on the communications committee and the direct action & strategy committee. I believe that politics is never a career, instead an unpleasant necessity that we must engage in when the other people in it are doing a shitty job.

Brutal humor, philosophy, and misc nerdy stuff fill my life.

daniel
Admin

https://occupyboulder.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

oh hi there Empty Hi Daniel

Post  Jim Miers Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Love those Guy Fawkes masks. We are proud of our family tree that goes back to one of Oliver Cromwell's men, who was probably a compatriot of Fawkes. Those guys were among the first democratic revolutionaries. But, isn't Fawkes known for his failed attempt to blow up the English Parliament? If so, I'm wondering if its the right image for an Occupy organization. Of course, its fine for you to wear the mask if that inspires you. I'm referring to the use of the image of Fawkes on the Occupy Boulder web page. We don't really want to project an image as a terrorist organization do we?

Jim Miers

Back to top Go down

oh hi there Empty Re: oh hi there

Post  daniel Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:39 pm

the fawkes mask is also the symbol of Anonymous, a leaderless collective of online activists that helped start the OWS movement though was famous well before then.

daniel
Admin

https://occupyboulder.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

oh hi there Empty Re: oh hi there

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum