Occupy Boulder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To help us grow

2 posters

Go down

To help us grow Empty To help us grow

Post  daniel Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:03 am

For a community or occupation to grow it must have something to offer. Right now i feel like we're riding the coattails of the movement. This is not necessarily a bad thing but we need to become self sustaining if we are to survive the winter.

Just brainstorming a few things that we can offer the community i came up with this short list.

Lessons
-yoga
-music
-tutoring in whatever

Performances
-live music
-poetry reading
-misc artistic shows

Social events
-weekend barter market
-picnics

Anything that brings people together in a positive way would be good for us.

daniel
Admin

https://occupyboulder.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

To help us grow Empty Offerings

Post  leebu_99 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:50 pm

I agree with Daniel. We need to do more and have more for those who stop by and for ourselves. I propose we continue having speakers and we also start having teach ins, etc. We should also have literature and information to hand out.

leebu_99

Back to top Go down

To help us grow Empty Re: To help us grow

Post  zach.freier Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:16 pm

I like all of these ideas. I'm involved with the Education WG because I want to participate especially in lessons/teach-ins. I personally could probably manage some sort of teach-in on basic scientific literacy, which I feel is sorely lacking in our society. I could also probably convince my roommate to help me put together something about open-source software, which I think would contribute some important concepts to our evolving discussions.

zach.freier

Back to top Go down

To help us grow Empty Re: To help us grow

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum