Occupy Boulder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest Check: Pushing Boulder DA to Issue Arrest Warrants for Executives Responsible for the Economic Crisis

Go down

Interest Check: Pushing Boulder DA to Issue Arrest Warrants for Executives Responsible for the Economic Crisis Empty Interest Check: Pushing Boulder DA to Issue Arrest Warrants for Executives Responsible for the Economic Crisis

Post  Elephunk Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:24 pm

Gigantic title, I know...

Anyways, I don't know the specifics of how this could actually work within the law, but I thought I'd ask around and get an idea of what peoples' reactions are.

Basically I think it would be a bold step to begin demanding that the city and county issue arrest warrants for individuals who have been responsible for the economic crisis (a list of some by one of my less-than-favorite magazines: link will be up in a sec).

Can anybody affirm whether this is even a feasible idea within the power of the DA's office, the courts, or city council? I'm probably a grandiose optimist, but I think if this got enough attention that it could spread to other Occupy groups, much in the way that Amendment 2H is being passed in many places as a symbol of popular democracy.

Elephunk

Back to top Go down

Interest Check: Pushing Boulder DA to Issue Arrest Warrants for Executives Responsible for the Economic Crisis Empty Re: Interest Check: Pushing Boulder DA to Issue Arrest Warrants for Executives Responsible for the Economic Crisis

Post  Elephunk Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Ok, so I can't post the link until my username and everything goes through, but here's a workaround:

TIME Specials
"25 People to Blame for the Financial Crisis"

This is the only starting point I have for that kind of info right now, and I don't really know anything about "who" exactly was responsible outside of this.

Elephunk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum