Occupy Boulder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Alan's Idea to Campout Once a Month

Go down

Regarding Alan's Idea to Campout Once a Month Empty Regarding Alan's Idea to Campout Once a Month

Post  GT Tommy Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:29 pm

At last Saturday's GA, we didn't get a chance to discuss Alan's idea about camping out one night a month in protest of the RULE about no sitting or standing in public places from the hours of 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.

I really like this idea and want to support Alan's efforts to make this happen. I would like to suggest that we do this the first Friday night of each month, since it would be close to the anniversary date that the Rule went into effect. Also, it would allow us to get some sleep before the Saturday GA...:) We need to have a large group of people, with plenty of gray hair in the crowd, but also include as many of our young 24/7 campers as we can find. If we have a large enough crowd, I don't think the police will take action, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't afford to get arrested, not just financially, but for family reasons (I provide day care for my 2 1/2 y/o granddaughter). In addition, there would be plenty of people on the Pearl St. Mall until at least 2 a.m. - isn't that when the bars close? (Hey, I'm almost 65, what do I know about bar hours these days...:))

I think it would be a great way for some of us to get to know each other better, and build some true bonds of friendship as we struggle to stay awake all night.

As someone who visited the old encampment almost every night, one very practical matter needs to be resolved: if they lock the public restrooms, we need to find someone who lives close by who can open their bathroom to us for the night. I'm envisioning a lot of hot coffee and tea being consumed...:)

I, for one, look forward to hearing more about this at this Saturday's GA.

GT Tommy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum