Occupy Boulder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

request for a call to action

Go down

request for a call to action Empty request for a call to action

Post  Danielle Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 pm

11/15/11

An Open Letter to All Occupy Movements,

I ask that a call to action be made to join forces with each and every Occupy encampment to take our voices to the core of the problem. I ask that this call to action be made to all Occupy encampments, supporters, and everyone in the 99%. I ask a call to action to all who support the Occupy movement to peacefully march, in unison, to Washington DC, to the steps of the White House and remain there until our voices ring loud and clear through the halls of our White House, of our Congress and of our Supreme Court. Let us join in unison across the entire nation to make it clear that we the people, will not tolerate any longer the corruption of our democracy by the greed of politicians, corporations, and corporate banks.

As each encampment is torn down, I think to our shared grievances, they are not with each city and municipality that we currently occupy, but truly with the larger system in which they operate. Please do not take me wrong, I hold each level of government accountable for their own corruptions, but I ask you to think about our larger collective dissent, to the initial cancerous cell that has spread wildly throughout our nation. Its birth coming from the diseased relationship between corporations, banks, and our governments.

It is time to show our true collective strength that has grown so quickly world wide and place our collective muscle where it can not be removed or quieted.

Please take this opportunity forced upon the two Occupy encampments, Occupy Oakland and Occupy Wall Street, both trampled upon and torn down this past Monday Nov 14, 2011 by police actions, to look strategically at our true mission and to take the collective solidarity we have found in each other, in the 99%, and use that collective strength to make the voice of the 99% be heard and unbroken.

In Solidarity with the Occupy Movement

Danielle
one of the 99%

Danielle

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum