Occupy Boulder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evening General Assemblies

Go down

Evening General Assemblies Empty Evening General Assemblies

Post  leebu_99 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:20 am

Group: After we resolved at today's G.A. to suspend Thursday evening G.A.s something started to bother me. Then two things. One, we should be having more G.A.s in my opinion, not less. And two, to accommodate folks' varying schedules, should we cut out evening assemblies? Is there a better alternative that will help grow the movement?

Thoughts?

Lee

leebu_99

Back to top Go down

Evening General Assemblies Empty RE: Evening General Assemblies

Post  Chriz Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 am

What about other meetings? Like "encampment" "evening gathering" "_____ meeting" they would still serve the purpose of gathering, talking, making plains etc. They just would not have the power to pass proposals.

A lot of us are not there all the time so 1-2 meeting a week is great for us, but I do see how people there all the time and a lot of the time need more meetings because so much is going on and it takes so much work, planning and discussion to keep the encampment functioning. Not to mention to keep morale up especially in the hard winter months we are entering.

Chriz

Back to top Go down

Evening General Assemblies Empty Re: Evening General Assemblies

Post  Alan R Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:11 am

I think the immediate problem is finding a permanent indoor space for general assembly meetings. That remains a huge problem. On Broadway Canyon people knew to look in the bandshell in bad weather. Once we get a permanent indoor space, that we can go to once a week in an evening and go anytime during a storm, we should revisit the number of General Assemblies.

At the same time I totally agree with Chriz that the people camping should be meeting as the camping group as often as they need and want to deal specifically with their survival and organization issues. I understand that they want as much support as possible (every kind of
support) from both the wider Occupy Boulder community and the general Boulder community and they should figure out on their own how to communicate their needs and wishes in way that is likely to get them what they want.

Alan R

Back to top Go down

Evening General Assemblies Empty Re: Evening General Assemblies

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down